If your like me and have a serous sweet tooth this one is defiantly for you- without the guilt! This can hardly be classified as a dessert for the following reasons:
- It is so good for you, full of essential fats, antioxidants and magnesium
- because I usually don’t eat this for dessert. Sometimes it’s my dinner, lunch breakfast or snack (joking, its never my dessert)
If you have people who are skeptical of how you eat then I suggest making sweet things, like this, and not telling them! When you do they will get the shock of their lives- trust me! However, make sure that you blend the avocado in really well, otherwise I doubt they will be coming back for more! On that note, if your slightly alarmed about avocado, don’t be! It adds a wonderful creaminess and thickness and, I promise you, you don’t taste it! If you want you can use this recipe as a base and jazz it up. For example, you could add spinach/greens, almond butter or even protein powder for before or after a workout- It is totally up to you, play around with it! Lastly, if you make this ahead of time, leave it in the fridge so it doesn’t become to soft!
- Half of one ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup of frozen mixed berries
- 1/2 a frozen ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon of raw cacao powder
- (optional) 2-3 drops of stevia or one tablespoon of honey, maple syrup etc
- Almond Butter
- Cacao nibs
- Or whatever you fancy!
- Put all ingredients into a high speed blender ( I use a Thermomix, as I find the Nutri-bullet isn’t powerful enough) and blend it up! I if you don’t have a high speed blender use a bit of water to get it moving
- Top with whatever you wish and enjoy!