As most of my friends, family and I think school know, I am jet setting off to Spain tomorrow morning (at 4:00am to be exact), and as requested (thanks Carla) I decided to show you my flight essentials that range from snacks all the way to sunnies!
Lucky for me I don’t have any super strict dietary requirements, but at home tend to stay away from gluten and diary, so this means I don’t have to bring meals with me! However if you have more strict dietary requirements these snacks plus meals (make sure they are not liquidly) should do you! For me plane food isn’t exactly gourmet or something that I am used to so although I still eat some of it I also think It is so important for me to bring familiar snacks along.
- Chocolate! Yep you heard it- Chocolate! it is something that I eat on the regular and is such a great and healthy snack (if you get above 80% cocoa). Lint is defiantly my favorite, and cheapest, however, there is a whole plethora of different raw brands out there (or whatever floats your boat)
- Bars- Weather this is granola bars, raw bars or homemade bars they are a really quick and easy snack to eat and transport when you are on the go! The one that is in the picture is a raw ‘paleo bar’ but is also vegan.
- Apple + Almond Butter- LITERALLY THE BEST THING EVER! It is pretty much all my family sees me eat because it is so bloody good!!! Seriously try it with cinnamon sprinkled on top if you can! Keeps you full and satisfy’s your sweet tooth 🙂
- Cupcakes- whether this is my banana bread in muffins or in my case apple muffins they are a really great yummy, sweet and simple easy recipe that I made last week and put in the freezer! (recipe for pictured muffins below :)).
- Notebook- such and essential for me to write what I’m thinking, doodle or just play games (the one in the picture is from the opera House)
- Headphones- Beat Headphones are the love of my life plus they can, most of the time, block out the cry of nearby babies!
- Ray-bans- Literally my favorite thing I own and super essential if you are going somewhere sunny and hot like me!
- Lip Balm- Another one of my flight essentials! my lips tend to get super dry and yucky so this is really essential for me! The brand that I love is HURRAW tinted cherry lip balm
- Book & Podcasts- Although I love a good plane movie there is only so much I can stand so podcasts and a good book are essential for me! A Podcast I really like is Balanced Bites
Apple cinnamon Muffins (Thanks to wellness Mama)
If you are vegan you could probably try using a Chia egg, however I haven’t personally tried it.
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup homemade applesauce (store bought should work too)
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2-3 TBSP cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 T honey (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a muffin pan with coconut oil.
- Put all ingredients into a medium sized bowl and mix with immersion blender or whisk until well mixed.
- Let sit 5 minutes.
- Use ⅓ cup measure to spoon into muffin tins.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until starting to brown and not soft when lightly touched on the top.
- Let cool 2 minutes, drizzle with honey (if desired) and serve.
Look out for a few Spain Travel Posts after I come back,