One of my greatest loves in life is chocolate. Its comforting, yummy, good looking and defiantly doesn’t talk back. In all seriousness though this chocolate bark doesn’t taste healthy and if I don’t have a block of at least 70% chocolate around (a rare occasion) then I make this. Hell! I’m telling a lie I have two blocks of chocolate around and I’m still making this!
Anyway, this (I AM NOT LYING) does not taste like a pile of poo! My friends, who often eye roll at my healthy antics, demolished this as soon as my (not embarrassing) mother bought them in a tray…I have never seen such a sight. Basically, if you don’t like sharing your loves around in life this one is not for you!
- 1/3 Cup of coconut oil
- 80 grams of cocoa butter (or salted butter if you can have diary)
- 2 Tablespoons of raw cacao powder
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Rice malt syrup or maple syrup (I find maple syrup works better then honey or rice malt as it does not sink to the bottom)
- 1/3 cup each of frozen raspberries and almonds. However, you can use whatever you want in the chocolate e.g. Macadamias, currants, ginger, almonds, coconut flakes or plain ect. Change it up (ginger is one of my faves
1. Place whatever u want in the chocolate on a plate lined with baking paper (almonds, currants…)
2. In a saucepan on medium heat put in the coconut oil, cocoa butter, cocoa powder and sweetener. Whisk until all melted and combined
3. Pour contents onto the baking paper, over the ingredients you want in the chocolate. It will look really thin but trust me it’s all fine!
4. Place in the freezer for at least half an hour to set and voilà!